SU Outdoor Education provides outdoor recreation opportunities, services, and educational experiences for the University and local community. We offer outdoor adventure trips, teambuilding and challenge course programs, skill development trainings and workshops, special events and certification courses that provide students, faculty, staff and local community members an opportunity to find adventure with their peers, colleagues, and classmates, explore local, regional, national and international recreation opportunities, expand outdoor pursuits skills and build new or strengthen existing relationships, while promoting minimal impact practices and having fun!
Register and pay for trips online by credit card!
Looking to reserve space on one of our adventure trips for your group?
Outdoor Adventure Trips
Click on the links below to view specific program dates and details:
(if the link is not available, that means the trip is not currently accepting registrations)
Leadership Outdoor Orientation Program
Stand Up Paddle Boarding at Green Lakes State Park
Apple Picking at Abbott Farms
Horseback Riding in Highland Forest
Six Week Ski and Snowboard Program at Toggenburg Mountain
Moonlight Snowshoe Hike
Lake Placid Daytrip (Bobsled and Skeleton)
Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides in Highland Forest
Indoor Challenge Course Climbing - High Adventure!!
Outdoor Adventure Trip Registration Cancellation Policies:
- No refunds will be made within 5 business days of the "trip date" you have registered for without a documented medical excuse.
- Full refunds will be provided to those who provide a documented medical excuse (pro-rated refund for the six week ski / snowboard program based on how many program dates you have attended).
- Refunds requested prior to 5 business days before the "trip date" will be subject to a $5 cancellation fee.
- Trips can last for a couple of hours to an entire day, depending on the activity.
- All trips are weather dependent, but most go rain or shine.
- If you are interested in a program, it is always best to sign-up early, as most trips do sell out.
To sign-up for one of our Outdoor Adventure trips, visit our online registration site: http://recreationservices.syr.edu/recstore/
Outdoor Education Staff:
Syracuse University Outdoor Education
Department of Recreation Services
241 Archbold Gym
Syracuse, NY 13244
If you (or any of your group’s participants) believe that you need accommodations for any reason (food allergies, dietary restrictions, disability, etc.) please contact the Department of Recreation Services at least 5 business days in advance of the trip date so that we can do our best to meet your needs. Thank you!