To ensure the safety of our valued patrons and the security of recreation facilities, the Department of Recreation Services respectfully requests that all individuals using these facilities adhere to the following:
- Present a valid SU, ESF or University College ID Card to enter.
- Present an Access Pass, Guest Pass, Syracuse Charger Swim Team Card, Alumni Facility Access Pass or Dependent Card (during dependent hours) to enter.
- Observe the camera and audio/video policies as posted.
- Ensure that personal belongings remain in lockers overnight only by those who have rented lockers.
- Those who have been identified as committing larceny may be subject to loss of facility access.
- For safety and security reasons, please do not allow another individual to use your ID Card.
- Please treat Recreation Services student and professional staff members with respect.
We ask that you comply with these guidelines to ensure a safe, secure and healthy experience. While we prefer not to, those individuals who do not comply may be subject to temporary or permanent removal from recreation facilities.
Each individual participating in a recreational activity assumes responsibility for her/his health. It is recommended that all individuals who intend to participate should have a physical examination for their own protection.
Syracuse University does not provide insurance coverage for accidents or illnesses incurred while participating in a recreational activity. It is recommended that each individual secure his or her own accident/health insurance policy. The University recommends that each participant explore one of the following insurance alternatives:
- Parental insurance coverage.;
- Personal insurance coverage from Student Health Insurance program, available through Health Services; contact 443-2668 or email@example.com for more info.
Notice of Liability
All participants in programs and opportunities provided by Syracuse University are exposed to the possibility of physical injury due to the nature of these activities. By so participating, each participant waives and releases any and all rights and claims for damages that the participant or their heirs or successors may have against Syracuse University or its personnel arising out of or resulting from the participation in Syracuse University's programs or opportunities.
Individuals with a disability who may need accomodation should contact Recreation Services in advance at 315-443-4386 or e-mail Tim Eddy
Dependent use of Recreation Facilities:
Spouses, Domestic Partners and Dependents use of Recreation Facilities
- All spouses, domestic partners, and dependents must present a valid SU ID Card.
Cards must be purchased at 204 Steele Hall, 315-443-2726.
Spouses and domestic partners may use facilities at all times.
Hours for dependents are as follows:
Archbold / Flanagan Gymnasiums:
Monday / Wednesday / Friday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 9:30am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Dependents are only eligible for entry with a valid Dependent ID Card issued by ID Card Services.
Those 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent at all time and are not allowed to use fitness centers. Violation of this policy may result in the loss of privilege to use facility.
All dependents must conduct themselves in a manner suited for an adult recreation facility.
Spouses, domestic partners, and dependents may not purchase guest passes.
Spouses and domestic partners may register for fitness classes, but are not eligible for intramurals or club sports.
The Department of Recreation Services reserves the right to revoke an individual’s privileges if the above guidelines are not met.
Racquetball and Squash Courts
Courts are on a first come, first served basis.
Flanagan Gym Basketball Courts
Student organizations and University departments may reserve basketball courts in Flanagan Gym for special events and intercollegiate practice. Due to the popularity of students who desire to play drop-in, open basketball, courts cannot be reserved for special events or intercollegiate practice on weekdays after 3:00pm and weekends after 2:00pm.