Filming and Posting Policies
Any picture, video, or similar technology related to capturing a person's appearance must have prior approval by the department. Requests must be submitted in writing a minimum of 48 hours prior to the filming. Violators will be subject to disciplinary action. Any picture, video, or similar technology related to capturing a person's appearance must have prior approval by the department. Requests must be submitted in writing a minimum of 48 hours prior to the filming to: Joseph Lore. Violators will be subject to disciplinary action.
The following policies apply to competitive events involving Syracuse University Sport Club teams and non-Syracuse University competitive events taking place in Sibley and Webster Pools, Archbold and Flanagan Gymnasiums, the Women’s Building and the Tennity Ice Skating Pavilion:
- The live and delayed television, video and radio broadcast rights of all Syracuse University sport club contests are owned by the University. News organizations may not broadcast video of any portion of a contest live or on a delayed basis without the prior written consent of the Director of the Department of Recreation Services (or their representative).
- Commercial and promotional use of any Syracuse University sport club video, film or photographs is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the Director of the Department of Recreation Services (or their representative).
- Video footage and photographs of competitions denoted above is permitted granted such filming does not interfere with the event. The event supervisor will determine whether or not the filming interferes with the event. Individuals considered interfering with the event will be instructed to stop filming or be removed from the competition.
The following policy is designed to allow registered student organizations, administrative and academic departments and individual students and employees to properly post items in Archbold and Flanagan Gymnasiums in a manner consistent with the mission of the University.
All display materials must include:
- Name of the sponsoring organization, department, or responsible individual.
- Date, time and location of program.
- Approval from the Department of Recreations Services as depicted by the department stamp.
- Sponsors are responsible for the removal of materials after the date of the event. Materials not removed on a timely basis by the event sponsor will be removed by University personnel.
- Materials not associated with a specific event or program may be displayed for no more than ten business days unless specific approval is obtained from the Department of Recreation Services.
- Materials must not be obscene or defamatory and must not violate University policy or federal, state, or local laws.
- Only general-purpose bulletin boards in each building may be used for posting.
- Posters or flyers must be affixed with thumbtacks, pushpins or regular staples, not glue or tape.
- Posters or flyers must be limited to one (1) per bulletin board per event.
- Posters or flyers may not be placed on interior or exterior walls, floors, doors or windows.